You heard me right! You can diet, lose weight, and still eat pizza. This recipe is a godsend for anyone attempting to partake in the Atkins/Keto Diet, which consists of high intake of fat and low intake of carbs. It is also super easy to make. Even if you are not participating in the Keto Diet, this recipe is still a tasty treat. With the right ingredients, you can eat pizza without thinking about running five miles after or dread weighing yourself on the scale later on.
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup of Almond Flour
- Toppings for pizza (I usually do pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms)
- Marinara sauce (or Alfredo sauce)
- Take your mozzarella cheese, egg, and almond flour and mix it all in a bowl. (I usually use a fork to help blend the ingredients together)
- Once it is all well mixed together spread your dough flat on a piece of parchment paper. (I usually put some garlic powder, black pepper, and oregano and brush some butter on it before sticking it in the oven. This will give your dough a good flavor.)
- Preheat the over for 400 degrees and then stick it in the oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Once your dough is done, put your sauce, cheese, and other preferred ingredients on the pizza and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for about 5 minutes and then dig in!
For more information on the Atkins diet, I have provided a link below: